Racism is a painful, complex issue, and can be challenging to explain to children. As Christians, we're called to view all things through a gospel lens, and that's why it's so important that we have honest conversations about race with our kids.
The Gospel in Color — For Parents is written specifically to equip parents to provide their children with a biblical perspective on race and racism, while celebrating the gospel’s power to bring about reconciliation.
Through rich illustrations and approachable text, this book helps parents present their kids with big ideas in an engaging way.
About the Illustrator
Rommel Ruiz is a designer and illustrator with experience in a variety of industries. Born and raised in the Dominican Republic, he is passionate about telling memorable stories and crafting powerful messages for clients and audiences alike. At the foundation of his love for art is a love for God and a desire to celebrate the good news of Jesus through the gift of creativity.
Rommel has illustrated multiple books for Patrol, where he is Co-Founder and Art Director. He and his wife Anny (also a designer) live with their two joyful girls in sunny Los Angeles.
Genre: Christian Life/Parenting
Page Count: 108 pages
Product Dimensions: 6 x 8 x 0.29 inches
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Why This Book Now?
- How to Use This Book
- Chapter 1: What Is Race?
- Chapter 2: What Is Racism?
- Chapter 3: What Is the Good News of Jesus Christ?
- Chapter 4: What Is Reconciliation?
- Conclusion: The Gospel in Color
- Discussion Questions
- Further Scripture Reading
- Goals When Teaching Your Kids
- Vocabulary Words to Explain to Your Kids
- Scripture to Read & Discuss With Your Kids
- Ways to Pray With Your Kids